しょうゆ味のアイス!?
I had been so wondering what the soy source flavour ice cream tastes like for some time seeing it at a local supermarket. And I finally tried it!! One is soy source and the other is "Umi no Shio" - salt from the ocean - flavour. They are soooooo good (very delicate taste) that I regret for not trying earlier!

This company from Tosa in Shikoku Area of Japan makes ice cream and other sweet products using all natural and locally produced ingredients. I love their simple package designs too. I wish I could share the actual ice cream with you, but I can't find the way to do that so here are photos at least..

All below images are from tosa-ice.com (Japanese only).

6 comments

  1. soy source? what is that, really? the flavors sounds so interesting. the closest thing we have over here is salted caramel...which i love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,
    it doesn't really taste like soy source, but is nice. I guess it's kind of similar to salted caramel, so you'd probably love too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my friend from japan just came to hawaii to live/study, and she brought omiyage from her home town....i forgot which home town, but they were hontou oishii SHOYU CHIPS!!!! daisuki <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soy sauce, Hiki! Oh my goodness! I've had wasabi flavour, and I think I told you they have hydrangea flavoured icecream in Hakone, but soy sauce is the strangest of them all. Only in Japan...only in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll be curious to taste it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sure i would love it... i'm wondering if i could find it here...
    beautiful packaging...

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram