There are many places I really love in my own city, not many of them are actually that difficult to get to but I never really get to visit them any more. You know when you know that you can visit any time you tend to leave it till later and then you would just forget. Or maybe that is just my excuse.
Hara Museum has always been my favourite, it's small, has a lovely garden, beautiful old architecture, and it's located somewhere that you really have to aim to get there. I visited there last summer after many years, nothing really had changed but one big change I noticed was that we were now allowed to take photos inside. Most of the Japanese museums didn't allow photography inside but it's changing and you'd notice that you can take photos at many of the places, often with some limitations.
I don't remember how hot that day was when we visited here but it looks like it was a very hot day, that light and shadow tell it don't they.

6 comments

  1. Oh it’s so good that they allow photos now I found the building so interesting when we visited! I’ve yet to visit another one you liked, the Teien Art Museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, yes the building of this museum is very photogenic so it's really good that we can take photos there now. I went to the Teien Art Museum a little while ago, the major renovation has finally finished so I hope you will get to go when you are back in Tokyo! :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful play of light & shadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy, the light was perfect there creating beautiful shadow :)

      Delete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram