Summer in Tokyo..... I'm sure I've told you enough times how hot and horrible it is over the past 4 summers since I started my blog. It even seems to get worse each year, I think it actually is getting worse. It's so hard to sleep through the night without waking up at least a few times, either feeling cold or hot and having have to change the setting on air-conditioner each time I wake up. By the time a morning arrives I am exhausted. Not a pleasant thing to hear about I know. The worst is gone and we can feel that the end of summer is not too far away now, which is VERY good.

Although enjoying Tokyo summer never feels such an easy thing for me, I must say I love lights in summer nights. Lanterns from summer festivals (bon-odori), catching glimpse and hearing sound of the fireworks shows happening here and there accompanied with frozen daiquiris and cold beers - perfect.
The other day I had a lovely fun mini evening picnic with Ebo-chan at Saigoyama Park in Daikanyama. It was another hot hot day but there was really nice breeze and it was so nice. I even enjoyed walking home from the park.

Oh summer, we never get on but you do entertain me lots now I realise writing this post. But I will be so glad when you will be gone and Autumn arrives, though I know I will feel just a tiny bit sad when you really go.

9 comments

  1. The picnic sounds like it was lovely and I hope that you had a good obon, massive summer heat wave and all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krys, yes the picnic was so lovely! I did not take any obon holidays so it was just normal (plus hotness) but now summer is finally coming to an end and am so glad! x

      Delete
  2. I truly hated the Japanese summer, but at least it's not grey and cloudy like in London...People are never happy I guess. I still prefer the grey London summer than the couple of unbearably humid Tokyo summers I've been though. The summer festivals kind of made up for the heat though :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jennifer, it's hard to say which is better, mostly sunny and extremely hot+humid Tokyo summer, or grey and cloudy but less hot+humid London summer..... bit of both could be nice? People get irritated and unhappy when it's so hot... SO glad it's nearly over now though.

      Delete
  3. I also think summertime is getting hotter. )-: Summertime in Japan sounds fun! (even if it is hot). I visited Japan during the summertime, so thinking about it makes me feel nostalgic.
    行きたい!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rinaちゃん
      Did you like summer in Japan when you visited??? I think it's okay if you are going to nice beaches or pools to enjoy the summer, but to live and work everyday is just....horrible! (that reminds me that I didn't go swimming even once this summer!)

      Delete
  4. I've yet to experience Japan in the summer, if its anything like the heatwave we had in the UK I don't think ill like it much!

    I hope its cooling down and you can sleep better now ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram