All above photographs were taken by me (with a permission from the shop owner of course - in case you wonder). If you are re-blogging any of these images please remember to give me credit, thank you :)

Good coffee makes me smile. So does an old Japanese house. So OMOTESANDO KOFFEE became my recent favourite coffee spot in Tokyo, naturally!

OMOTESANDO KOFFEE is a pop-up cafe opened earlier this year hidden in a backstreet of Omotesando, in a beautiful 80 years old Japanese house that is going to be demolished. (80 years old probably doesn't sound so old if you live outside Japan, but for us it is considered very old. Old buildings are very often knocked down and new ones are built in Japan - this is sad but you know this has got a lot to do with far-too-many earthquakes we have in this country!)

Anyway.... so this cafe is open only for one year (it opened sometime in January this year) which means if you are in Tokyo before January 2012 Apparently the owner of the building decided to postpone the demolishing of the building so it is still there!! but I don't know for how long so you should make sure to pay a visit whenever possible to enjoy a lovely cup of coffee made by one of the most famous baristas in Tokyo before it is gone! Well, I'm sure he will move to somewhere and serve more good coffee but this set up is definitely not to miss!

OMOTESANDO KOFFEE
4-15-3 Jingumae Shibuya-ku (google map)

Open: 10:00-19:00
CLOSED NOW
http://ooo-koffee.com/menu/

21 comments

  1. what a wonderful find.. so beautiful and the coffee looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place, and it's hidden, like a hidden treasure. I like the room, with the bold line, it's like the barista have their own little rectangle space. so sad it won't be there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! I'll be paying a visit for sure. It looks so lovely ♡.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this café is gorgeous, exactly wht I love ! too bad it's only for a year I'm coming in April :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so gonna check this place out one day after work before it literally becomes history. such a shame, it looks perfect!
    thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great place! coffee looks delicious.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply beautiful coffee spot. It looks like they pay a lot of attention to detail.
    i love the skinny wood pieces that make up the bench in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it looks such a special and refined place for coffee. It is sad to know it is only a temporary space. Enjoy it while you are able. If I find my way to Tokyo I will surely visit Omotesando Koffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like a very nice place to drink a coffee !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you take me Hiki-chan? I miss nice coffee!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, open only for a year? how special!!!
    it looks so intimate and personal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's so neat that they opened up this cafe knowing it would close so soon, just to bring people to a cool old building and sharing this amazing space with people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so cozy. wonderful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last shot looks like a flat white from above. ..really nice find..Thank you for the postcard Hiki!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks really cozy! Going to make sure to visit the cafe the next time I visit Tokyo!

    I agree that we have way too many earth quakes. And it's getting worse day by day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing place! I could live there!!!


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss tokyo so very much, I dream of walking its streets again and entering omotesando coffee and have a cup. I love your posts, thank you (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. A minimal design coffee joint. I have a officially created a pinboard called 'I'm going to Japan damnit' and this is the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this coffee shop looks really nice and cosy^^ It must be so realxing to grab a coffee there ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. These kinds of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram